web counter
Loralee's Looney Tunes Reviews

About Me

Picture of Loralee Choate

Loralee Choate

Welcome to my review site I do my own reviews and compensated reviews and you will NEVER be confused which is which.

Main Blog
View Profile


 

 

 

ARRRAAGGGHHHHH!! That felt good....

Monday, January 09, 2006

Sometimes I just freaking hate all things technical. Actually, it is probably just because I got so FREAKING MAD today. I've been trying to make a difficult decision for like, a month (you all know that is HUGE for me because I either just do it, or change my mind 300 million times). I tried to be as calm, rational and kind as possible. To my credit, I think I did a good job. I wasn't at the recieving end of the decision, so I can't be sure, but I really think it was done trying to consider the good of everyone involved.

THEN I find out a piddly piece of information (Granted, I was looking) that was so DUMB and JUVINILLE IT MAKES ME LOOK RATIONAL AND EVEN-TEMPERED!!!!! It. Pissed. Me. Off. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGG! So...I grabbed my almost-divorced pal and future co-worker, Mary Ellen and we went and saw, "Pride and Prejudice". That story almost makes me believe in the fairy tale. Actually, it is stupid pieces of literature like THAT that cause belief in the fairy tell and cause dissatisfaction and unobtainable expectations in life, thus resulting in misery. They should all be burned in a bonfire of hell-spit and damnation.

We had a lovely evening.

When I got home I asked Jonathan if he wanted to cuddle (ME INITIATING! Imagine!) and when he said, "Hold on, I'm in the middle of posting" I took the keybord by force (he obviously let me)
and now THIS is on his clan website:

"Now, back to the technical aspect. 64 bit extensions just means that there is an instruction set for both 64 bit operations and 32 bit operations. It is not a sly word for saying, well it's not really 64 bit, we are just trying to make you think that. Nope, it is a really a 64 bit processor. It is just ALSO a 32 bit processor. Best of both worlds. Think of it like this. If I buy some new RAM for an old computer. Lets say I have an old P4 that run on PC 2100 DDR RAM. But of course there is no reason for me to buy PC 2100 RAM, when the PC 3200 ram is cheaper and more available. So when I put the ****COMMERCIAL BREAK**** THIS IS JON'S WIFE. I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU APPRECIATE THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS POST BECAUSE IT NOW MEANS JON ISN'T GETTING ANY THIS EVENING. HE GAVE UP WILLING I MIGHT ADD. SO APPLAUD HIM "EXTRA HARD" BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL BE. THANKS...LORALEE PC 3200 ram in, it only runs at the speed of PC 2100. That does not mean it is not capable of greater things, that is just all that I am asking it to do. If there are any questions, please post away, as I apparently now have nothing better to do this evening."

I told you I was mad.

"Yes. I still feel something for him, which is unfortunate as I have vowed to despise him for all eternity"
---Miss Elizabeth Bennett (As penned by 19th century authoress, Jane Austin...that was for you, Brian Joy-the contrubution, not the saying.)

3 Comments :

  • At 6:27 PM , Blogger Karen said...

    I'm a loser, I talked to you earlier this day and didn't get the uber-MAD vibe from ya... (must be the mucus---ah ah ah choooooooooo!)

     
  • At 6:39 PM , Blogger Loralee Choate said...

    Yes...this occurred after we spoke.I was still in Zen mode from making a well-thought out decision (as stated, an uncommon occurance for moi).

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Blogger Zac said...

    Loralee, Can I just say that I LOVE YOU, I have never laughed harder at a blog site. Wow, have you ever considered writing an autobiography? I would probably die of dehidration because I would be peeing my pants with laughter so much that I would shrivel up, dry out, but at least I would have died happy. I realize now how really boring and uneventful my own life is. PS. let me know when the autobiography comes out, I'll buy it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home