web counter
Loralee's Looney Tunes Reviews

About Me

Picture of Loralee Choate

Loralee Choate

Welcome to my review site I do my own reviews and compensated reviews and you will NEVER be confused which is which.

Main Blog
View Profile


 

 

 

Our Family Is Weird.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Family Night!

We grilled (steaks, baked yams, mashed taters salad, bread and lemonade. Chocolate Creme Brulee for dessert)

Karen was our lovely guest (She and I are watching the remaining episodes of 'Hyperdrive' afterward!! YEA!) we had fun.

Jon and the kids put together a Hover Craft Kit that James earned. I wasn't involved-it would have ended up expoding. It would have happened. Trust me.

Christopher picked the song. He chose his favorite Primary tune (Thank goodness Karen was there to show us the actions. Jonathan rufused to do them. Which turned out to be a good choice as you can see that clearly, we all look retarded.)

As is usual in our family, things got out of control. Fast.
James was in charge of the scipture. He wanted to read the ENTIRE story of "JOE". After a rather heated insistance that it was indeed Joe and not Job, I was about to turn the task over to Jonathan when James yelled out "Wait! Read my favorite, favorite one! Abraham...verse one...UH...chapter 2!"

Jonathan raised his eyebrow and said, "Yes. Fine choice, son." He was even able to keep a straight face when he read it-

"Now the Lord God caused the famine to wax sore in the land of Ur, insomuch that Haran, my brother, died: but Terah, my father, yet lived in the land of Ur, of the Chaldees."

I'm tired.

4 Comments :

  • At 11:21 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    I was waiting for us to "discuss" the importance of this passage after it was read... I feel that it's very significant! *snort*

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Blogger Jes said...

    Is there a book of Abraham?

     
  • At 7:11 AM , Blogger Jes said...

    PS Your family is adorable.

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Blogger Loralee Choate said...

    AH HA! I knew you'd catch that. There is a Book of Abrham if you are LDS. I'm glad you think they're adorable-I would gladly give them to you today!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home