web counter
Loralee's Looney Tunes Reviews

About Me

Picture of Loralee Choate

Loralee Choate

Welcome to my review site I do my own reviews and compensated reviews and you will NEVER be confused which is which.

Main Blog
View Profile


 

 

 

Happy Birthday, Matthew

Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Bug,

You would have been three today.

I can hardly believe it.

So much time that has passed in a blink and stretched for an eternity in the same breath.

There are so many things I think about.

So many questions that will never have an answer.

I can't help but wonder, how big are you?
Is your hair still bright red?
What is your favorite toy?
Do you hate tomatoes like your dad and love peaches like me?
Did you say, "Mama" or "Dada" first?
Is bath time still your favorite time of day?
Do you still love to be kissed on the bridge of your nose?
Are polar fleece blankets still your favorite snuggly things?
Do you remember me, our snuggles, kisses and tickles?
Do you still know that I love you?

I miss you.

Love you & Kiss your sweet toes,
Mamma

13 Comments :

  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Amy said...

    I miss him too.
    We love you little bug.

     
  • At 5:53 AM , Anonymous Cassandra said...

    Yes, he knows you love him; he will never forget.
    You have my heart today, L.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We miss you, Bug.

    Aunt linny & Aunt Nooncy

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Freeman76 said...

    My thoughts are with you today.

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey!
    Just wanted to let you know I have been reading and your little bug's birthday has made me think about how precious children are really. I mean, sometimes I think we take them for granted don't we? I feel real pain thinking about your tragedy. You are a stronger woman than I am. I know I'd fall apart and lose my whole family. I hope I am not offensive, I never know the right things to say and I hate walking on eggshells.

    I am unable to post a comment, did you disable comments on this post?

    Anyway, I hope that you can have happy memories for your son today....I know it must be very bittersweet.

    Rowan

    ***Submitted by L.C (I want to have it for posterity)

     
  • At 8:48 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    What a lovely tribute. You made me think of all the things I wonder about our little one. He left us 37 years ago and I still wonder if he is OK. Does he know how much he was wanted, loved, needed...
    Someday we will both be able to be with our sons again...
    Sending you a {{{hug}}}

     
  • At 10:49 AM , Blogger Mark said...

    Loralee,

    Day before yesterday my long time friend learned that he has lung cancer. When he spoke to me yesterday he said he noticed that it is thinking of children that makes him smile. He never had kids, but still knows that it is children that we live for.

    Mark

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    Happy birthday, little bug. Your very loved!

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Zac said...

    Happy Birthday Bug, I know that I didn't know you here, but I hope that you and my little brother James are good friends I miss him, much like we all miss you.

     
  • At 12:07 AM , Anonymous Brian said...

    Happy Birthday, Matthew. You're not far away, nor will you be forgotten. We all love you.

     
  • At 8:05 AM , Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

    Beautiful, beautiful post, Loralee. Both heart-wrenching and heart warming at the same time. Bug was very fortunate you have you as his mother. Take care.

     
  • At 8:06 AM , Blogger Tim said...

    Namaste, Rubik. And a hug too!

     
  • At 11:20 PM , Blogger BNB Photography said...

    Now I just need to stop crying...

    Happy Birthday Matthew!

    Let me know if you need anything Loralee...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home