web counter
Loralee's Looney Tunes Reviews

About Me

Picture of Loralee Choate

Loralee Choate

Welcome to my review site I do my own reviews and compensated reviews and you will NEVER be confused which is which.

Main Blog
View Profile


 

 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Monday, June 26, 2006

It is lovely Karen's birthday today.

She is one of my closest friends and I just love her.

We had a fun-filled evening of festivities in her honor. One of the highlights was at dinner. NOTE: I have informed my friends several times over the years that if they have ever just had it with me and my crap and would like to have ME dump THEM, take me to a restaurant on my birthday, have the waiters sing and clap, and stick a stupid ass sombrero on my head.

LIKE THIS:
I also love that I was the only one who had no idea the singing and forced ethnic assecorizing would occur and I GET THE FINGER.
:D

There was another huge highlight (I love doing stuff like this along with my sneaky partner in crime, Michelle *She is the one NOT wearing the sombrero in the photo*)

ME: Karen, if you had a million dollars, what would you do with it first?
KAREN: I would have an assortment of awesome and eclectic beverages in my fridge at all times.

??????

That is a freaking fabulous and rare answer, my friends. It is also a comment that has been much discussed and related over the years. She even made a "DREAM BEVERAGE" list and blogged about it (READ HERE).

SO...

A few months ago, Chelle and I cooked up a little plan. We would make that list a reality!!!
SHE HAD NO IDEA.

We even ordered one of her favorite sodas that is made and distributed in North Carolina (CHEERWINE) and had it shipped to me last week.

The best part is that she had no idea what was up. We even got other Birthday gifts for her so she wouldn't be suspicious. I bought half of her ticket to Erasure and Chelle took a present to her today at work.

THEN we went to her apartment, found the key and stocked her fridge FULL.

We waited to see if she would open it after work (Before we went to dinner).

NOPE.

Finally, we told her there was something hidden in her apartment and she would have to find it after dinner. She went to put her leftovers in the fridge before she started "Looking" and FOUND THIS!!!!

It was so damn cool.

After she recovered from the shock, we went to Chelle's and sang Kareoke...While playing in Michelle's Halloween Costume Storage Bin.
Be glad you are spared the experience. We were a bit weird.

When are we not?

Happy Birthday, my friend. You make June 26th tolerable.

:)

5 Comments :

  • At 5:43 AM , Blogger Jose said...

    Wow,
    that was cool, I think my wife would have a heart attack if she saw the fridge like that, but it would be worth it.

    I bet she'll never forget that birthday.
    Ten points for coolness.

    J.V.

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

    What a wonderful birthday! She is blessed to have such good friends!

     
  • At 8:23 AM , Blogger Just Me said...

    Wow, that is a an awesome birthday gift ! A whole fridge full of beverages! Too funny. One question though, what did you do with the rest of her food?

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    I was the most amazing site to see my fridge full of tasty beverages! I almost fell over... when I realized they had seen my dirty apartment and fridge. No really, it was wonderful! Thanks soooooo much! As for what was done with the food. Fortunatly (or unfortunatly) I have no food so that was not a problem at all!

     
  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger mighty mouse said...

    That's a kickass present. And a kickass answer to the 'million dollar question'. But how could Orangina be left off the list of awesome and eclectic beverages? :(

    Also...I guess this means you're back! Hooray! I should probably have caught up on missed entries by going in chronological order, but what fun is that...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home